Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hong Kong revisited - new pix


Buying metro tickets is so easy. Just touch the location you want on the screen; price is listed.

Massage places are everywhere...I could use a foot massage about now!

Hard Rock Cafe Hong Kong. Every one in the world has the best salmon..yum

Night market. I have never seen some of these things.

This is The Peak. The most fabulous 360 view. Inside is a mall. Cool and fun!

You can buy anything in the street markets ;-)




We prefer to travel with the locals. I was on the top, front seat of the tram. At one of the stops I was inches away from the lady in the tram in front of us...we touched hands and giggled.

Time to go to the Kowloon side, so took the "Plenty River" ferry. I'm writing in my journal, "I'm so excited to be on the water! If I had a tail, it would be wagging. I'm like a puppy dog with its head out the car window."


After a wonderful day at the Art Museum, we walked the Avenue of Stars (like a little Asian version of Hollywood actors: Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li and more).


Jackie Chan

Bruce Lee


Walkway lined with very intriguing digital art.


Almost missed this place - the Arts and Crafts Center. Price for some pieces in the millions! Check out this tusk art (illegal in the States). Inside, works included many colors of jade, coral, bronze, lapis, silk paintings that blew our minds. Such detail.

Detail of tusk art. NEVER buy, though. We must discourage the animal cruelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment