Sunday, April 29, 2012

Please see post titled "apologies to Mumbai"

I really want to apologize for that last post about my initial impression of Mumbai. Now I'm in love with India! I had so many wrong expectations that I'm ashamed. Thought I'd smell garbage and urine...quite the contrary! The only smells, if any, have been deliciously wonderful (flowers, incense, personal grooming products, good cooking...yum). Right now I'm at the airport in Goa - it was fortunate to be able to get out of the big city and make it to a tropical landscape at the beach. Yeah, we saw water buffalo and white cranes and palm trees and beaches and modern construction, hotels, and nice homes amid the trash and poverty - but there's so much more. We like to meet the locals. Gene was in his heaven talking international politics with a shop keeper. For me, my favorite is the amazing fabrics of the saris the women wear (rich or poor).

No comments:

Post a Comment